Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Me?? My own show?

On Friday, May 14th, my sister sends me a text saying that Oprah is having a competition for the next talk show host ...and that I should look into it. The first thing I think is... Man please, there are going to be hundreds of thousands of people submitting their auditions... Why would anyone chose me? So I told my husband about it and told him about my fear of failing .....or people knowing that I tried and I didn't make it... His reponse was, "The worst thing they could tell you is NO! Someone has to tell you no, before someone else tells you yes."

So with that thought in mind... I decided to work on submitting my video. What's the worst that could happen? People laugh? People think my video submission sucks? That I'm lame? I'm not worthy of having my own show? ... Well, I went on Oprah's Web site and viewed some of the videos that have already been submitted ...and I realized that if these lame ass boring people are bold and wacky enough to think they have a shot... then damn it... get the camera and my eye liner ready... I'm ready for my close up!

Wish me luck!...... Damn the luck..... just send up a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment